How to develop more effective tenders
Many of our local government customers have told us about their dissatisfaction with the outcomes when they have called for tenders for new vehicles or machinery and have included a requirement for “seat covers provided” in the tender. Even specifying heavy duty seat covers does not necessarily provide the quality outcome they are looking for.
While there are many requirements in a local government tender, here are our tips for achieving a quality outcome: Specify heavy duty seat covers that meet Australian Standard AS3744-1
- Specify heavy duty seat covers that meet Australian Standard AS3744-1
- Look for the best warranty available, with 12 months the minimum you should expect
- Look for a backing so that the covers will protect the seats underneath – after all, that’s what they are designed to do
- Make sure seat covers are side airbag compatible and check if the supplier has a side impact testing certificate
- Consider including a first aid kit such as the QuikAid, which is conveniently located in the back of the seat cover.